Friday, July 18, 2008

Tome Submitted

Well, its all done now. I've submitted my 23 pages of health history, physical examinations, dental history, dental examinations, bitewing x-rays, full-mouth x-ray (Panorex), laboratory tests, EKG, and exercise treadmill stress test. I sent in my travel and deployment forms, bought my 100% UV filtering sunglasses, and completed forms listing my hat, jacket, and glove size. I've submitted payroll information, including direct deposit instructions and the ever-requested voided check. Phew!

I think that does it, at least for now. Now, I wait to hear if I am PQ (physically qualified).

In the meantime, there is likely going to be a course on medical evacuation from Antarctica (medevac) that I will be asked to attend. It should be in late August. Until then, I guess I just sit tight and wait.

I just read a coffee table-sized book Briana gave me on Antarctica. It is filled with gorgeous photos along with interesting description of the geography, weather, plant life, and animal life.

No comments: